Tax & Accounting Manager: CPA
Looking for self-starter and creative professional to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to deliver strong value to the organization through leadership, business partnering and analytics. We are looking for a professional who has a creative mind, a “can do” attitude, and solid tax and accounting skills to help reach our clients reach their full potential. Exciting opportunity with a regional CPA/Consulting firm with a national client base.
- Four to eight years recent experience in tax, accounting and finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Masters preferred
- CPA or scheduled to take exam
- Detail and goal oriented, “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Practice development and marketing experience preferred
- Experience with manufacturing, construction and distribution companies a plus
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Participate in client engagements from the beginning to completion – including planning, executing, and completing individual, corporate and partnership tax returns of midsize and closely held, family owned businesses.
- Assist organizations as a part-time CFO/Controller – taking ideas developed by the organization’s owners and stress testing against all of the potential finance, legal, HR, operations and banking issues; and, providing critical and strategic analysis of the financial information of the organization to enable stakeholders to make decisions.
- Develop professional relationships, including involvement in networking and business development activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional staff
- Develop, build and manage client relationships
- Provide timely and outstanding client service exceeding client expectations
- Respond to client and firm personnel requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
- Prepare client correspondence pertaining to engagement planning and requests, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent tax research skills and memo writing ability
- Participate in core CPE programs
- Actively participate in community activities to develop positive relationships with community leaders and members